The nation's largest retailer of used cars, CarMax has announced plans to hire for more than 2,000 new roles companywide by the end of 2017. At a time when many retailers are only looking to fill seasonal positions, CarMax is hiring for long-term careers.
“First and foremost, CarMax seeks to hire people with integrity who are passionate about customer service. Experience in the auto industry is not necessary to work at CarMax,” said Diane Cafritz, chief human resource officer and senior vice president at CarMax. “The company values personal growth and education which is why CarMax provides ongoing support and development opportunities for our associates.”
For 13 years in a row, CarMax has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. They recently rolled out this list reason why people should consider working there;
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- Associates are given opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through The CarMax Foundation’s Volunteerism and Matching Gifts programs.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including discounts on car purchases and other services.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment.
- CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, 15 Best Workplaces in Retail and 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, as well as one of TRAINING Magazine's "Training Top 125" companies in America.
The majority of new jobs are for sales consultants, technicians, detailers and inventory associates. CarMax stores are also hiring for positions within its business offices nationwide.
Additionally, the company is hiring for several customer service positions at CarMax Auto Finance in Atlanta, Georgia and for digital and technology positions at the headquarters in Richmond, Virginia.
Interested candidates can apply online at jobs.carmax.com.