Disaster Response. Environmental Projects. Community Support. Rebuilding. Human Services. Technology. Urban & Rural Planning. Public Relations. Management.
The US Government offers two excellent paid programs for training and leadership.
An excellent option for those interested in business, computer science/IT, construction, carpentry, building trades, animal care, education, environmental management, environmental conservation/sustainability, emergency services, forestry, disaster response, public administration, social sciences, law enforcement, homeland security, public health, public relations, writing/journalism, counseling, human services, recreation, non-profit services, or careers with local, state or federal government and organizations.
Do These Programs Support Diversity & Inclusion?
Yes! All federal agencies and programs must comply with federal laws and regulations. There is zero tolerance for the harassment of any individual or group of individuals for any reason, and all persons are treated with dignity and respect. The government prohibits all forms of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, or military service.
• No experience or education level required; No diploma or degree required
• Gain experience while exploring career options
• Gain a competitive edge over other job applicants in private or government sectors
• Gain leadership and management experience
• Gain college credits for continuing education and workforce development (earn 6-9 credit hours)
• Gain new contacts by networking with government and community agency directors
• Gain new skills in your career field and expand your capabilities
• Gain advantages for college, trade school or apprenticeships
• Team Leader option for those with advanced skills and education
• Begin application process at age 17
• Program can be repeated
• Travel, lodging, healthcare- plus childcare allowance if applicable
• Earn bi-weekly pay plus $6,095 to pay off educational debt or pay for future educational and job training expenses