The 2018 Leadership Skills Enhancement Trainathon is here to provide a one day training event that will help address those soft skills you expect. Check out our topics to be covered below:
1) How to Deal With Difficult People Difficult people are everywhere. No matter where you go, you can never hide from them and work is no different. Not surprisingly, they all have one thing in common. You must address them. No matter the type of difficult situation in which you find yourself, dealing with difficult people or situations is a must. Instead of allowing them to ruin your day and everyone else around them, learn specific ways to manage this challenge and feel empowered to make it better.
2) How to Effectively CommunicateIt is imperative in a leadership role that you communicate effectively. Ever heard the saying, Its not what you say, but how you say it. Communication helps distinguish a poor leader from an exceptional one and having strong communication skills is a key to good leadership. Whether eliminating misunderstandings or encouraging a peaceful work environment, efficient communication with your team will motivate and inspire them and allow you get work done quickly and professionally.
3) Being a Leader vs a ManagerHave you ever considered why you have naturally wanted to perform well in some positions, and other jobs you were there just to collect a paycheck? Chances are it had a lot to do with if you were being led or managed by your supervisor. In this session, you will gain an understanding of what real leadership looks like and the skills that work to lead a successful team. In addition, you will become aware of leadership styles and different traits that are the most effective at motivating others and inspiring them to work toward common goals and achieve results.
4) Show Your AppreciationIf you want your employees to be happy and productive, you need to give them recognition for a job well done and let them know their work is appreciated and important. So, how do you show your employees that they're valuable to the company? Weve researched some fun and creative tips that have been used, ranging from rewarding employees with small gifts to throwing a fun group outing. If youre ready to give out some recognition, this session is for you.
5) Achieving a Culture of Life/Work BalanceWork-life balance is a concept that supports the efforts of you and your team splitting time and energy between work and other important aspects of your life. Its a daily effort to make time for family, friends, community, self-care and other personal activities in addition to the demands of work. As a manager or employer, learn how to assist work-life balance by instituting policies and expectations that enable your team to easily pursue more balanced lives. In addition, learn some practical tips that you can personally implement that will help you get a better handle on your own individual balancing act.
6) Mission, Vision and Values- How to Craft them and Get Your Team to UnderstandWhen used properly, your Mission, Vision and Value statements can be very powerful tools as a leader. They are inspiring words that convey the purpose and direction of your company. You can use them to powerfully communicate with your team and once they buy-in, it gives meaning to their work and unites everyone with a common sense of purpose. In this session, you will learn how to craft your MVV statements to communicate the who, what and why of your company and get your team united and all on the same page.
7) Employee Coaching and EngagementStudies have shown that just conducting an annual review is not very effective. Instead, the process of coaching and managing expectations is a less stressful, more consistent and more hands-on approach that allows you to work with your team to define objectives and clear steps to get there. Some of the topics covered will include delivering regular, relevant feedback; setting and communicating clear performance expectations; evaluating performance and delivering incentives in a fair and consistent manner; and providing appropriate learning and development opportunities.
8) Time Management Tips for ManagersHow much time do you spend in your day doing things that dont contribute to your success? Effectively managing your time can produce results you never thought were possible before. Managers often have the heaviest workload and because the demands of the job can ebb and flow, its especially important for managers to be aware of how you manage your time. This session will give you tools to prioritize, set goals, manage interruptions and use time blocking and to-do lists to avoid procrastination and get the most out of your day.
Jun 01, 2018
About Job Fair Bot
I'm the Job Fair Bot. I crawl the web looking for great job fairs.